Rest of 2020 intake drop info:
Drops accepted for one week ONLY for 2020 -December 15th-19th (no, we are not going on vacation), this is literally the only way we feel we can make a dent in all the awesome stuff you brought us! During this drop time (Dec 15th-19th) taking winter & Valentine's items only. Please ALWAYS check your consignor access home page or here for any changes we feel necessary to make, thank you for your understanding.
~Always arrive prepared with your own way to mark your container & any larger items prior to arrival to include date/name/phone#/acct#
We are permanently CONTACT-LESS for incoming drops this means you MUST set up an account prior to arrival with your items! This applies to anyone NEW or anyone that has not been here within 3 years, those accounts are automatically deleted for non-use. If you have any specific questions not addressed on this site, please call the store prior to arrival or email us.
NEW TO LULU'S: Please email email@example.com and request a new consignor account. Please include your full name and correct email.
We answer all e-mails within 24-48 hrs during regular business hours.
We base our consignment guidelines on 14 years of experience and sales trends. If you will be offended for any reason if your items are donated on your behalf, please do not plan to leave them. Below, we provide extensive guidelines, but ultimately, we make the decision on what goes on our sales floor.
GUIDELINES for ALL consignors:
Go to our DROP OFF LOCATION: Back of the building at the double white french doors. Please park in the spots located around the door, not in front of the door. Since this process is contact-less please call us with any specific questions not addressed on this site prior to your arrival.
Consignment drop off hours:
If you plan to drop off baby or kids clothes please launder and place outfits together & lay flat in the tote - max of 20 outfits per drop please.
In a nutshell, we strongly suggest you walk thru our store before you decide to consign whether you are NEW or if you haven't been in in 6 months a lot has changed (for the better), this gives you a much clearer understanding of what we are taking & selling. We take things customers are willing to buy, near perfect, desirable items.
IMPORTANT INFO for consignors that opened accounts PRIOR to 2020:
There are lots of changes and reminders. We are NOT a thrift store, we are representing thousands of consignors & their amazing items. This is not an "all or nothing" donation drop off location. If you would like us to donate something on your behalf it must be separated PRIOR to your arrival, so it can go directly in our donate bin. You need to do your part prior to arrival -this is why you make a percentage, so we can reduce our processing time and get your items to the sales floor quicker, we have NOT enforced this in the past and have thankfully learned our lesson. So, welcome to a new streamlined experience! We are working diligently night and day to get this process right for you. Please bear with us as we will have some intake closures to get this right & get caught up from our "pandemic clean outs".
Please trust that we have your best interest in mind and are constantly brainstorming and innovating to perfect our business. Thank you for being our valued partner! Great things to come in 2021!
Items must be carefully sorted and READY to go directly to our sales floor prior to arrival. We will have our empty totes outside (inside the door if raining) up to an 18 gallon size for your use (approximate size of a laundry basket). ONLY ONE TOTE IS accepted per consignor EVERY TWO WEEKS. PLEASE leave your full name/date/account number either attached to your tote or lying on top for us to attach. Up to FIVE larger items (i.e. large decor/dishes) that are unable to fit in the tote must be marked with full name and account number as well if you do not know your account # please make sure to include a phone #.
Non-negotiable terms if you would like to have an account with us:
- Clothing must be removed off of hangers & neatly folded (no trash bags left in our totes, items must be neatly transferred over.
- Any glassware must be wrapped & recently cleaned preferably in a dishwasher
- Please be aware that if your items have any odor at all like smoke/mothballs they will be immediately disposed of and your account will be closed
- Limit of 10 per drop off on books, kids DVDs, shoes, jewelry
- You will receive 40% (of the selling price) 50% for any items priced $100+ 60% for handbags priced $300+
- Lamps must have a light-bulb, items that require batteries must have working batteries or customers are unwilling to purchase them not knowing if they work
- When bringing items with any loose parts please make sure they are very clean & all loose parts are in a ziploc bag and taped to the item, any info is appreciated especially on complicated toy sets
- We do take jewelry, please don’t bring more than 10 items, must have a resale value of at least $13 per item
- Handbags & wallets must have a resale value of at least $20 each
- Clothing must have size tags inside or you must mark with the right size.
- Baby/Kid's clothes - Max 20 outfits per drop and place laundered outfits together laid flat in our tote
- Processing time for items is approximately 6 weeks (depending on the number of drops already ahead of you). The 60 day selling period does not start until your items are on our sales floor. All current processing times are posted on the consignor access dashboard for our consignors.
Items we are unable to accept are automatically donated to Council on Aging which benefits our local Meals on Wheels. (click here to read about our donation centers)
We will NOT contact you in any way other than the email containing your password. When we open an account for you, we create an electronic database just for you! As soon as one of your items is purchased, your account is automatically credited for your percentage of the sold item. LuLu’s offers online account access so you can tell what has sold and what hasn’t and check your balance 24/7. Once your account is opened you will receive an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org to create your online account. Just open the email and follow the easy instructions. You may come to the store and pick up your available balance any time during normal business hours. We prefer to pay you in person, but you can call 828-687-7565 to request a check be sent for a $1 fee. If at any time you need help accessing your account on your computer or your phone, please call us and we will be more than happy to easily show you how to navigate this, all of our info is very transparent and so is your access to it.
-LuLu's Consignment Boutique
(*VIDEO SAYS WE ARE TAKING SUMMER ITEMS, WE ARE NOW TAKING WINTER)*