What to expect when consigning:
Please park at the back of the building (**located at 3699 Hendersonville Rd, back of building double white doors) You will be asked to transfer your items to our container. Click here to view our consignment terms and agreement form.
We take your name & information and attach to the container. We will not touch your items again for approximately 3-4 weeks (depending on the number of drops already ahead of you). The people at the drop off area cannot tell you whether the items will be accepted or not. It is a drop off area only.
If it is your first time opening an account with us you will immediately receive your account number when make your first drop off with us. We will NOT contact you in any way other than the email containing your password. When we open an account for you, we create an electronic database just for you! As soon as one of your items is purchased, your account is automatically credited for your percentage of the sold item. LuLu’s offers online account access so you can tell what has sold and what hasn’t and check your balance 24/7. Once your account is opened you will receive an email invitation from email@example.com to create your online account. Just open the email and follow the easy instructions. You may come to the store and pick up your available balance any time during normal business hours. We prefer to pay you in person, but you can call 828-687-7565 to request a check be sent.
For furniture consignments we offer a free pick up service with prior approval of items by texting photo’s to 828-551-3588. You are also welcome to drop your furniture consignments off yourself at our location at 3699 Hendersonville Rd. **In order to avoid any inconvenience to you, you MUST please call ahead 828-551-3588 if you are planning to drop off or pick up any furniture. **
What merchandise will be accepted and how it will be priced is determined by the staff at LuLu’s.
Items we are unable to accept are automatically donated to Council on Aging which benefits our local Meals on Wheels. Please contact them directly if you need a donation receipt for items we cannot take at 828-693-7756 they pick up a truckload from us each week.
WE FEEL OUR CONSIGNORS HAVE A BETTER EXPERIENCE IF THEY CAREFULLY READ THROUGH OUR EXPECATIONS BELOW PRIOR TO CONSIGNING.
Follow the simple rules below to become a LuLu’s Consignor:
Seasonal items please bring as follows:
Spring: February — April
Summer: April — June 15th
Fall: July — September
Winter: September — December
We are so glad you chose us to bring your treasured items to! We accept items on the following days:
- M-Sat 10am-6pm
- We accept a limit of one drop every other week per consignor
- Please pull around to the back of the building to the double white doors to unload.
- You can bring as much clothing as would fit into a normal size laundry basket at a time.
- Please bring only your best brands—examples of brands that sell well here are:
White House Black Market
- We will NOT accept any DVD’s, books or games that have MATURE content. Please do not bring them.
- Please do NOT bring the following brands of clothing & shoes. They are brands that don’t sell well here. We have accepted them in the past & are now phasing them out:
All MineAllison Brittany
Babies R Us
Canyon River Blues
Child of Mine
Fruit of the Loom
Just One Year
Kids R Us
u r it
- Items MUST be in great condition, freshly laundered, folded & READY for the sales floor, remember, we are not a sorting service and expect you to carefully sort items before bringing.
- Please be aware if your items have PET HAIR or SMOKE ODOR on them they will be automatically donated.
- Limit 10 per drop on books, jewelry, shoes, hats, purses, dvds and cd’s.
- lamps must have a lightbulb, items that require batteries must have working batteries.
- You may also bring up to 10 other large items such as décor, baby equipment
- When bringing items with any loose parts please make sure they are very clean & all loose parts are in a ziploc bag taped to the item.
- Check car seats to make sure they are less than 6 years old & never been in an accident for us to accept them, also, check this website to make sure nothing you have has been recalled Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- We will not accept clothing in trash bags.
- handbags/totes/purses must have a used value of $20 or more
- Please mark your large items (that don’t fit in tote) with your name.
- We do not accept clothing on hangers, except Prom dresses (we take Prom dresses Jan-Apr).
- We do accept furniture any time during business hours. You can text a picture for prior approval to 828-551-3588, if you need unloading assistance PLEASE call this # also prior to bringing the furniture to make sure we have someone to assist.
- We only accept seasonal items you would use in the next 60 days.
- Clothing must have size tags inside or you must mark with right size.
- Items we do NOT accept:
- exercise equipment
- fake/faux counterfeit items will never be accepted or sold at this store.
- real fur items
- please don’t bring used knives, for everyone’s safety
- breast pumps
- formal dresses (unless current style prom dress)
- clothing with pleats (unless boys pants)
- clothing over 2 yrs old even if NEW with tags
- underwear or socks unless new
- pleated or high-waisted women’s pants
- men’s or women’s suits/blazers or business clothing/dress pants
- lingerie, unless new
- scuffed/worn/dirty shoes
- items worth less than $5 (excluding books/dvds/cds)
- dirty or stained items
- items that have any odor, including smoke
- lava lamps
- silver or silverplated items/goldplated items
- bedding (unless for a crib or toddler bed)
- VHS Tapes
How does it all work? This is a common question, you drop off your items and if they sell during your 60 day consignment term you will make 40% of the selling price.
- We take your items & mark with name/date
- We sort/check for any flaws
- We look up/assign a price, print price tickets
- Tickets are attached to your items
- Clothing is put on hangers, then on size racks
- Item is sold at cash register! This equals your item being handled a minimum of 6 times. We rent a space, display your item, & provide several jobs for local people.
What happens to items that don’t sell?
If you choose not to pick up items PRIOR to day 60 they become property of LuLu’s & may eventually be donated to a local charity.
The current charities we use that pick up the unaccepted items are Council on Aging of Hendersonville 693-7756, Glen Arden Elementary Clothing Closet, and several other various local charities. If you have items not accepted please contact them directly for a donation receipt. We don’t benefit from the donations, as they are not our items. We take everything on consignment we possibly can based on past experience & customer buying preferences.
You can download and print the agreement form (PDF) and bring it with your items for sale.
LuLu’s Consignment Boutique
Contact us if you have additional questions about consignment.